Home Buying Tips
Congratulations on making the first step towards buying a home. But now WHAT?
Here is a list of To-Do's to make this transition in your life a little bit smoother.
- DETERMINE WHO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH AS AN AGENT - This might sound elementary, but not every agent is created equal. You will want to work with someone who is:
- Accessible - In today's market, you will need an agent who will show you a home as soon as it hits the market (as the market heats up, timing is everything!!!)
- Easy To Talk With - Communication is KEY. They will need to know what you are looking for, the reasons you disliked a property, etc.
- A Good Negotiator.
- FIND A LENDER
- I recommend working with a lender that you have a relationship with. Do business with others that you have had success with. If you don't have one, ask for recommendations. Realtors know who the good lenders are and who to stay away from. You will want a lender that will keep you informed along the way. Again, communication is KEY!
- WHAT DO YOU WANT IN A PROPERTY
- What is your ideal home?
- How many beds/baths?
- Square footage?
- Country or City Living?
- Propane or Natural Gas
- Lakefront, Single Story, Etc.
- WHAT DON'T YOU WANT?
- ROOM FOR NEGOATIATION
- What are the things that you just don't really care about. The home could have it, but not a deal breaker if it doesn't have it.